Soaking the Colorado River.

Soaking the Colorado River.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ah to be psyched and fully commited.

So I have no new pictures or really inspirational stories just a quick update. This last fall one of my river guiding buddies and very good friend moved in with me. He is one Derek Herndon from Florida. Derek is new to the climbing world and is really excited about climbing. Thus I told him that I would climb with and help him in training. He is on the slow but steady rise to becoming a good climber. By spring time he will very likely have gone from a V0-V2 climber to a V5-V6 climber. A huge jump in ratings. There has also been a great side effect for me. I am really psyched on climbing again. More so then I have been in years. I am full on training to send hard at bouldering right now. As I am at this moment I am sending most V10's with in three goes if not flashing them. I have a pretty rigid schedule of which my job is a vital part because it forces me to take two to three days of rest. I have a good friend whom is acting as a sort of personal trainer. She has me doing some crazy workouts that are a great help. The craziest is that she has me standing on swiss balls(exercise ball) and using free weights. So thats the short of it. I feel healthy, happy, and excited.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Good to hear how you're doing, bro.

Corey said...

LIAR!!! You have some photos to post! I have lots of photos of you on our last trip.

M.climb said...

Well, that means you have photos. I don't. I wish i did.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.