Soaking the Colorado River.

Soaking the Colorado River.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Adam Lawton

Last week my boss, mentor, and good friend passed away while back country skiing up in British Columbia, Canada. In the last week the amount of people that have come together in so many different situations to honor him. The net that he cast covered an amazing amount of people that run in so many different social circles that wouldn't otherwise have any relation. He open to everyone and treated everyone the same with dignity. Your were the truly the most interesting person in that moment.
On a personal side of things his belief in me and my abilities was far beyond my own. He was always setting me up to be successful at work and building my confidence in what ever the task was.
It is very bitter sweet to me that through his passing I have been able to move up in my job. Due more to how he set me up at work while he was still alive then in his passing. It has caused a big shift in my life and forced me to step into a role that I never thought I would be in.
Adam, you know the effect you have had on the people that you met during your life. The number of students that have come through Gateway Academy and been able to have you as a mentor and role model. You will be missed. I'm glad that you went the way you did. It wouldn't have been fitting any other way.

No comments: