Soaking the Colorado River.

Soaking the Colorado River.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

AMGA bound?

SO I have been in contact with a few old friends whom own a mountain guiding service in the Sawtooth mountain range in central Idaho. It is not a for sure thing yet but things look positive that I will be working with them as a grunt at first of coarse. That is life in the guiding indestry. Anyways, if it works out I will be back in southern and central Idaho for the summer season guiding in the Sawtooth range, the City of Rocks and after a few other places. In a few years I could possible be leading back country ski trips in the Sawtooth's as well. One of the other coolest things about this gig is that I would learn how to build Yurts from scratch. It is side gig that one of the owners does so they can go from yurt to yurt in the winters. It is not for sure yet but still pretty exciting either way.
Other then that I'am totally primed to send some hard routes this coming season and cannot wait till the water starts to flow because I think my training will transfer over to kayaking very well. I have been training my core very intensely. Bring on the sunshine!

4 comments:

William Cobb said...

Guiding Sawtooths = awesome. May the grunt days go by quickly.

tolman said...

so thats how. man do i hope you get the job.

Kristin said...

Sounds cool dude. Keep me updated!

Corey said...

yay!