Soaking the Colorado River.

Soaking the Colorado River.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Injury at inopportune time.

So my finger started to hurt after setting for the Valentines comp here in SLC. We had nobody to front run any of the problems and I over did it trying to do 70ish problems after setting for 16 hours. I feel now like i may have a partially torn pulley in one of my fingers. I am still training on free weights and cardio the finger is getting better quickly but not fast enough.
I was approached by a lady in the gym the other day and she asked me if I was training for anything in particular. I told her I was training myself and trying to get sponsorship from somewhere. She and I talked a while about it. Turns out she has a company that focuses on training athletes and they are looking to move into training more extreme style sports. So I am going in to have a consultation and possible get a sort of sponsorship from this company to have them train me and help me focus they way that I train to push my level of climbing/ kayaking and possible gain sponsorship elsewhere.
I'm still working on mountain guiding this summer as well. I just sent off my work schedule of the days I cannot work and now it is just a waiting game to see if it will work out.
Other news is that I was approached about being a body double in a film about the climber Aron Rolston(the guy that cut off his own arm) I got to meet Daniel Boyle(Slum dog Millionaire director) as well as hang out with James Franco(pineapple express, Spiderman) I got some misinformation at one point and was told I had the part. Alas it was not meant to be. I was and inch and a half to short.it was a cool experience either way.(I'm actually relieved that I did not get it.)As well the people whom approached me about the movie also had me take body shots of my torso. It is for some soccer thing out of Italy. At first my though was no thank you but then they said if I where to get it I would be going on some sort of tour to different places in the world. Free world tour for being in shape? Hmmmmmm, OK I could do that.
Still waiting to hear back on that.
That is life. I am ready to climb outside and float rivers and just be.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow. Life sounds crazy and good. :)

Unknown said...

life is soundin good cuz.

i hope your finger gets better fast!

tolman said...

im sorry if my post felt personally directed at you. know that it was not i was just trying to say that my family has changed my life in ways i did not even know they could.
i understand what you are saying, not being able to give a family what they need because of personal desires and thats fine, i do hope those personal desires don't keep you from having a family in the future though

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!